WHAT WE NEED:
Finished audio files, ideally optimized for vinyltransferred to us in wav-file format e.g. via wetransfer or dropbox.
Finished print files for labels and cover or input materials for design work.
SIGNED ORDER FORM AND COPYRIGHT DECLARATION
Responsibility to secure and document any copyrights resides with you and shallbe documented in our signed copyright declaration and order form.
SPECIFICATION FOR AUDIO:
Original master files in the best available quality should be the starting point. Please review if required the vast range of online resources with guidelines and hints on best audio specifications,e.g. frequency range for your sound and vinyl production.Audio files can be provided on physical media or simply uploaded or transferred via FTP or othercommon services.
The material should be organized in two folders for A and B side respectively and a track listing with playing times should be provided along with the audio files.
WAV (Windows PCM) – uncompressed audio
AIF, AIFF (Apple Macintosh) – uncompressed audio
APE (Monkey’s Audio) – lossless compression, including error detection
FLAC (Free Losseless Audio Codec) – lossless compression, including error detectionBIT RESOLUTION: 24 bit.
MP3, MP2, MP1 (MPEG-1 Layer 3, 2 and 1)
MP4, AAC, M4A (MPEG-4, Advanced Audio Coding)
AC3 (Dolby Digital), DTS (Digital Theatre System Coherent Acoustics)
WMA (Windows Media Audio, Microsoft), MOV (QuickTime), OGG (OggVorbis),
MKA (Matroska Audio), RA, RM (Real Audio, Real Media)
SUGGESTED MAXIMUM PLAYING TIMES (MIN.)
SPECIFICATION FOR PRINT FILES:
NECESSARY CONDITIONS FOR PRINTING AND FOR PRINTED MATERIALS:
- Colour images in colour model CMYK (NOT colour RGB model, Lab)
- Spot colours defined ONLY by the Pantone sample book (Matching system or Metallics)
- Resolution of colour images and images in grayscale – minimum 300 dpi in actual size!
- Resolution of black and white images (monochrome) – minimum 800 dpi in actual size!
- The document must not contain:
-Images in format DCS1 or DCS2 (separated EPS)
-Images in format EPS with postscript colour management
- For all types of printed materials a trim addition of 3 mm to each outer (margin) edge.
- Imposition for staple (V1) binding in the case of a document of 4 and more pages.
- Final size indicated by crop marks.
- Printing of CD/DVD has precise dimensions (3 mm trim addition is not added) precisedimensions of the print can be found in the technical conditions of CD/DVD.
The most common templates you will find here:
WE ACCEPT SOURCE MATERIALS IN THE FOLLOWING FORMATS:
PDF (Portable Document Format)
POSTSCRIPT (PS, EPS) (PostScript ,Encapsulated PostScript)
Ai (Adobe Illustrator)